Saturday, December 19, 2009

2010 Reading Challenges

So I have already said that I am excited about the reading challenges I will be involved in next year. For Terri's challenge I will be participating in the Scholar Level with a committment to read 12 books.
Here is my list...
  • Lucy- Jamaica Kincaid
  • The Autobiography of My Brother- Jamaica Kincaid
  • In Search of Satisfication- J. California Cooper
  • Some People Some Other Place- J. California Cooper
  • Some Love Some Pain Sometime- J.California Cooper
  • Sugar Cage- Connie May Fowler
  • Vodoo Dreams- Jewell Parker Rhodes
  • Vodoo Season- Jewell Parker Rhodes
  • The Dew Breaker- Edwidge Danticat
  • Breath, Eyes, Memory- Edwidge Danticat
  • The Street- Ann Petry
  • Blues Legacies and Black Feminism- Angela Y. Davis
For Lhea's challenge I have committed to reading 7 books which is the Experience Level.
Here is my list...
  • The Souls of Black Folk- W.E.B Dubois (re-read)
  • The Marrow of Tradition (Ann Arbor Paperbacks)- Charles W. Chesnutt
  • The Education of The Negro Prior to 1861- Carter G. Woodson
  • Up From Slavery- Booker T Washington
  • Poems of Phillis Wheatley : A Native African and a Slave
  • The Complete Poems of Paul Laurence Dunbar
  • The Sport of The Gods : And Other Essential Writings - Paul Laurence Dunbar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi gorgeous!
I've joined like seven challenges, I think. I see you're reading Sport of the Gods for Lhea's challenge. I read it earlier this year. I do have Dunbar's Lyrics For Lowly Life. I started it but haven't finished, I may start over so I can count it. Not that I don't have enough to fulfill my commitment. lol. We so need to have a face-to-face one day. :)

Yvonne said...

It happy to see you participating in Leah's challenge! I am in good company! I am excited to read Sport of the Gods. I have read many of his poems. I am a huge fan of his work! Now you have me curious about Lyrics For Lowly Life. I am about to goggle some info about it.:)

Yvonne said...

Oh and sis I would love to hang out with you!! I can feel it would be fun! I am so down!:)